about resources writing speaking fmwbs blogs blog Image Map

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

robe your minds for action

I had the pleasure of returning to my alma mater, Texas A&M University,  to speak at All Women's Breakaway last week. Breakaway is a campus Bible study that began over 20 years ago when I was a student at A&M. My husband (boyfriend at the time) and I used to go to it when it met in a community center and numbered about 45 people. Now it meets in Reed Arena and numbers in the thousands each week. The Lord is moving at Texas A&M.

Once a year, Breakaway hosts an evening for women only. This year they asked me to come speak. Rudder Auditorium was filled to the rafters with college women ready to hear from the Word. I thought hard about what I most wanted those young women to hear, and if you have heard any of my teaching, you won't be surprised that I decided to challenge them to love God with their minds. It was a very fun night.

You can listen to the audio here.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this!

    My soul was edified, and my mind was inspired. I teach and counsel high school and college Sunday school at church (mostly girls). It was helpful to hear the voice of another woman teaching other women from this age group. Thanks, again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We live in China and I got to listen to this podcast last week. Not gonna lie, I don't like most women speakers, but I LOVED your talk. You reminded them (and me) to stop allowing emotions to drive our callings. And to stop getting caught in the web of "finding God's will" for my life all the while remaining inactive. Ben and Donna are some of my favorite people in the world. I'm thankful that you got to join them in ministry for the week.

    ReplyDelete